- Four layer light weight construction
- High performance chest protector
- Dual Density Energy Arrest Padding deadens the rebound to keep blocked balls closer to home
- Ultra-light diamond vent pattern padding layer is engineered for breathability, to keep your body cool and to be lighter
- Control-Flex articulated design improves ball control by closely conforming to the chest as catchers position their bodies for blocking
- Ergonomic harness provides a stable, comfortable fit
- Detachable and adjustable dual shoulder pad adds protection
Age Group: Adult, Gender: Men's, Sport: Baseball
Write Your Own Review
Fits well, available in larger sizes, looks good
Lightweight (thinner than the All-Star System 7 being replaced) but seems to protect well. Have not yet seen if it deadens the ball as well when blocking.
One of the few chest protectors available in longer sizes, so suitable for taller catchers (My son is 6'4", and moved from the All-Star which only goes up to 16 1/2" to the 18" Nike, which fits perfectly...)
This is literally the best gear I have seen. It's very comfy and fits nice and snug. The materials are really nice. The quality is very professional like Nike gear always is. I can't wait to use this in a game. I definitely recommend this for the price.
Quality product but pricey
Nike seems to have cornered the market on catcher's equipment or at least shares it with All-Star. Most Major Leaguers use it and its an effective marketing method. I know that Nike products are always going to be made with high quality materials and are going to have cool visual aesthetics. I bought into this product mostly for those aspects and I'm happy with it. The bulk of it's construction uses its Nike's Dri-Fit material. The padding is a sort of memory foam and is designed with the shape of the torso in mind. I liked the harness on the Precision chest protector more but this one is very light, comfortable and effective. This product features their typical 'waffled' interior designed to create dead space so as to keep you cooler while wearing. I think this is the most valuable feature. My only complaint in the design is in how rigid the outer trim feels especially in the armpit area. My only major complaint is in the price and I'm not sure that I place as much value over my Wilson memory foam protector which I paid $14 for. If you got bucks, it's a nice item.