Rawlings Heart of the Hide Pro Mesh PRO12DM Baseball Glove

  • Rawlings Heart of the Hide Pro Mesh PRO12DM Baseball Glove

  • Rawlings Heart of the Hide Pro Mesh PRO12DM Baseball Glove

Rawlings PRO12DM Heart of the Hide Pro Mesh 12" Adult Baseball Glove

Item #: rwl-bg-pro12dm

Availability: In stock

Our Price $199.98

Compare Price: $269.99

Rawlings Heart of the Hide Pro Mesh PRO12DM Baseball Glove

  • Rawlings Heart of the Hide Pro Mesh PRO12DM Baseball Glove

  • Rawlings Heart of the Hide Pro Mesh PRO12DM Baseball Glove
Style

Required Field*

Details

Suitable for these Positions

The iconic Heart of the Hide (HOH) line from Rawlings has returned with the quality and reliability that loyal ballplayers have come to expect. The Heart of the Hide Pro Mesh gloves are designed for the player that desires the familiar quality if an HOH glove, without any additional weight and break-in time. The HOH Pro Mesh gloves carry Rawlings’ Pro Mesh material along the shell, making them about 15% lighter than the rest of the HOH line and easier to break-in just the way the player likes – without sacrificing the assumed high-quality of the mitt.

The PRO12DM is 12” in length, ideal for a pitcher and 3rd baseman, but acceptable for a middle infielder that prefers a little extra length for his/her mitt. This glove features Rawlings’ Basket Web, which is a completely closed design, allowing a pitcher to hide the seams while setting up the next pitch. The Basket Web is not only secure, but flexible and easier to squeeze for infielders.

The palm and web are composed of Rawlings’ classic Heart of the Hide, steer hide leather. Since 1958, this premium steer hide has been the center of the Heart of the Hide collection and set the standard for not only Rawlings, but other glove manufacturers. The Heart of the Hide leather is soft, but durable – giving the player a long-lasting glove that forms to the pocket s/he desires; which are qualities that players have come to expect from the HOH line.

The shell is composed of Rawlings’ Pro Mesh – a lightweight, sturdy material. By using the Pro Mesh synthetic material on the shell, the PRO12DM is about 15% lighter, without sacrificing quality. This mesh backing also breaks in quicker than a full leather shell, taking the player less time to create the perfect pocket.

The hand opening features a conventional, open back with a laced binding. The conventional back allows for extra ventilation, while the laced binding provides a secure and snug fit – keeping the glove in place, even during the toughest plays. There is also a highlighted area to place the index finger, for those players that prefer to keep one finger on the outside of their mitt.

Keeping the glove together, the lacing throughout the HOH series is made from USA-tanned leather. This leather is extremely strong, so the player can worry less about a hard hit or fast thrown ball breaking brittle laces, and more about securing the ball in the pocket. Looking at the inside, the palm is lined with a smooth Deer-tanned cowhide – adding supreme comfort and protection to the inside of the mitt.

Upon arrival, the HOH is about 60% factory broken-in, leaving the player to do about 40% of the work. This ratio allows the player to create a personalized pocket in less time than some other high-end gloves on the market.

Size 12"
Position P, 3B, SS, 2B
Age Group Adult
Web Type Basket - Basket web
Palm Material Heart of the Hide leather
Shell Material Pro Mesh
Web Material Heart of the Hide leather
Lacing Material USA-tanned leather
Lining Deer-tanned cowhide
Backing Conventional - Open
Welting Material Heart of the Hide leather
Binding Laced
Palm Padding N/A
Hand Opening Standard
Approx. weight (oz.) Pending
Warranty 1 Year
Break-In (game ready, stiff, very stiff) Stiff - arrives 60% factory broken-in

Customer Reviews

Excellent glove

Rawlings proves yet again why their gloves our on top of other gloves. This glove fits firmly, feels comfortable, looks nice, and is all around a must for a glove!

Review by Cy-Ian (Posted on 5/3/2013)

Write Your Own Review

You're reviewing: Rawlings PRO12DM Heart of the Hide Pro Mesh 12" Adult Baseball Glove