One of Rawlings’ elite series of baseball gloves, the Primo line is designed with the player in mind – a glove built for performance, which has position-specific break points to help the glove mold to the shape each player needs.
The PRMFB is 13” in length and designed for an elite 1st baseman. This glove features Rawlings’ Single Post, Double Bar web design, which is flexible and stretchable, but durable enough to form a snug pocket, preventing the ball from bouncing out.
The shell, palm and web are composed of Rawlings’ full-grain, Italian calfskin leather. This premium leather is durable, yet pliable enough to form the perfect shape and pocket – especially since Rawlings has added a Dual Core break point layer. The Dual Core technology is comprised of an added layer of leather that has position-specific break points built in. This gives the glove the ability to close naturally and easily according to the player’s position. The added layer also assists in absorbing impact, reducing risk of injury and maintaining the life of the glove.
The lacing throughout the Primo series has been tested at 100lb tensile strength. When a hard hit or fast thrown ball hit the pocket, the player can worry less about fragile, brittle laces breaking and more about securing the ball in the mitt. Also added is a hand-sewn, water-resistant welting. This welting gives an appealing, custom look to the glove, while the water-resistant property remains tough in increment weather.
The hand opening features a conventional, open back with a laced binding. The conventional back allows for extra ventilation, while the laced binding provides a secure and snug fit – keeping the glove in place, even during the toughest plays. Also featured, a highlighted area for the index finger, for those players that prefer to keep one finger on the outside of the glove.
Upon arrival, the Primo is about 20% factory broken-in, leaving the player to do about 80% of the work. Between this percentage of break-in and the Dual Core break points, each player can form the glove just the way s/he likes it – keeping the feel of this high-quality mitt consistent.
Outstanding product. It is made using the best leather, provides outstanding quality, and holds it form with the perfect pocket longer. Although it is expensive, it lasts twice as long as top competitive brands making it a great investment for the serious / year around player. HomeRun was the first to offer the Rawlings Primo Brand at a discounted price which provided a savings of $45 (over 10% wrt retail). It takes a little time to properly break the glove in in but we found the leather lasts longer using oil and break it in naturally with a pounder and regular play rather than with the baking foam technique. Highly recommend this product.Review by Brian (Posted on 5/9/2014)
This is Rawlings top of the line glove here, great high quality leather, not a stitch out of place and lives up to its name Primo(number one). One major downside is its weight, other than that, great buy.Review by Adrian (Posted on 9/14/2013)
A little pricey but if you're looking for an amazing glove to play a long time with this is your glove. Minimal break in time if you like a stiffer glove. Italian leather is awesome and color is great. Everything you expect from Rawlings. If your thinking about a new glove the Primo series is the way to go!Review by 1stbase matt (Posted on 7/8/2013)
This glove is amazingly comfortable. It doesn't hurt with a line drive. It is the best first base glove I have tried and it's comfortable for your hand. So go ahead buy this glove, you won't regret it.Review by mike (Posted on 5/8/2013)
Ok the glove is a little pricey. Is it worth it? Yes, without a doubt. The leather is very high quality and the color is great. Break in time isn't too bad but like I said before the leather is very high quality so you're going to have to work it a little. I'd say it takes a good 2 months until it's ready for game use. Very little shock when you catch the ball and the big pocket is great for scoops. Only downside is that it's a little heavy.Review by The King (Posted on 5/1/2013)
One of the best gloves I've seen yet. For $400 it's a great buy. If you're willing to pay for this glove, than you're smart. Like the Italian leather. Stings very little.Review by Philip41201 (Posted on 2/5/2013)
in my opinion this is the best first baseman's glove out thereReview by BigLefty (Posted on 1/22/2013)