Rawlings Heart of the Hide Dual Core PRO88DCB 11.25" Baseball Glove

Rawlings PRO88DCB Heart of the Hide Dual Core 11.25" Adult Baseball Glove

Be the first to review this product

Item #: rwl-bg-pro88dcb

Availability: In stock


Compare Price: $300.99

Rawlings Heart of the Hide Dual Core PRO88DCB 11.25" Baseball Glove

Required Field*


Suitable for these Positions

The iconic Heart of the Hide (HOH) line from Rawlings has returned with the quality and reliability that loyal ballplayers have come to expect. The Heart of the Hide Dual Core gloves are designed for the player that desires the familiar quality of an HOH glove, without the added break-in time. The softened leather of the HOH Dual Core models reduce break-in time significantly, so the player can get to using the glove sooner, while remaining confident in the quality of the glove.

The PRO88DCB is 11.25” in length, ideal for a middle infielder, but acceptable for a 3rd baseman that prefers a glove on the shorter side. This glove features Rawlings’ Pro-V web, which is flexible for a reliable stick, but shallow for a consistent feel in the pocket.

The shell, palm and web are composed of the classic Heart of the Hide steer hide leather that is specially tanned before construction of the glove. The player gets the same quality leather s/he would expect from the HOH line – durable and long-lasting. However, since it is softened leather, the pocket will break-in sooner to the style the player desires. To help with the break-in process, the HOH Dual Core line features Rawlings’ Dual Core Technology, which includes an added layer of leather that has position-specific break points built in. This gives the glove the ability to close naturally and easily according to the player’s position. The added layer also assists in absorbing impact, reducing the risk of injury and maintaining the life of the glove.

The hand opening features a conventional, open back with a laced binding. The conventional back allows for extra ventilation, while the laced binding provides a secure and snug fit – keeping the glove in place, even during the toughest plays.

Keeping the glove together, the lacing throughout the HOH series is made from USA-tanned leather. This leather is extremely strong, so the player can worry less about a hard hit or fast thrown ball breaking brittle laces, and more about securing the ball in the pocket. Looking at the inside, the palm is lined with a smooth Deer-tanned cowhide – adding supreme comfort and protection to the inside of the mitt.

Upon arrival, the HOH Dual Core is about 70% factory broken-in, leaving the player to do about 30% of the work. This ratio provides a practically game ready glove that can still be molded to the player’s desired shape and feel.

Write Your Own Review

You're reviewing: Rawlings PRO88DCB Heart of the Hide Dual Core 11.25" Adult Baseball Glove